Equipping Disciple-Makers May 16, 2017
Update on the run: Vegas in 120 seconds March 24, 2017
Here’s a quick 2-minute video update from my time with the Las Vegas DTS.
Thanks for following! JW
Aloha! Super-quick 2:30min Video Update from Jeremy March 12, 2017
A 2:30 minute video update? It doesn’t get any quicker or easier than that!
View for a quick hello from Jeremy.
Merry Christmas, and a BIG THANK YOU, from our Family to Yours, 2016! December 24, 2016
Instead of a written greeting, a little video greeting this Christmas, instead. Enjoy!
2 Family Celebrations November 23, 2016
– Psalm 100
Cambodia Hatrick September 26, 2016
Three times in 10 months must be a new record for me working in Cambodia. I am sitting at Incheon airport in Korea waiting for my flt back the USA, coming from a very full 10 days in Battambang, Cambodia. This is my third trip here in 10 months. Each one worth every moment. December was staff training for an upcoming giant collaborative DTS, April was teaching in that “ASEAN” DTS, and this trip was running the leadership school, “DTS Equip” for many of those staff and leaders in the region.
A week ago we kicked off the 4th ASEAN+ DTSEquip (referring to the ASEAN alliance among Sth East Asian nations) in Cambodia. This is our 18th Equip program run since 2007, across 4 global regions. This particular school has 23 participants and 6 staff from Russia, Cambodia, Thailand, Vietnam, Myanmar, Philippines, New Zealand, USA and Canada. A wonderful group of YWAM staff and school leaders from the nations, going back out there to evangelize, disciple, and then disciple others. My teaching covered an array of topics cornerstone to effective Christian leadership and discipleship: identity in Christ, personal discipleship, leadership thinking, long-term discipleship, self leadership, and spiritual authority.
Some personal highlights for me:
- Seeing those I have worked with for years since their beginnings in Christian discipleship now walking in maturity and leading others.
- Seeing old friends. Faithful people who are giving everything to be (and raise their families) on the front lines of missions. One of them is the Equip school leader: a young lady from Washington. We led her DTS, taking her to Cambodia for outreach. She has been living there for 6 years since and is now leading the DTS Equip for the region.
- Working with people who have come out of closed nations to take the training so they can do even more effective work in their own lands (Myanmar, Vietnam). Their courage and determination is both empowering and convicting.
- Seeing the nation of Cambodia develop. This is not always encouraging, but in general things are improving, and the church is making an impact in various areas of society.
- Coming home to my own family 🙂
Video Message – Jeremy, “The Fullness of Christ” September 8, 2016
Some of you have asked for links to our teachings, lectures, sermons, etc.
Periodically I am asked to preach the message at our church. On July 31 I preached the final message in a 4-part series on the book of Colossians.
It’s 33 minutes long. I hope it comes across OK, I haven’t watched it in it’s entirety. I could barely even stand to prep’ it for this blog! Famous last words.